*thump, thump...
The sound of my pulse radiated throughout my body... It was a chilly night... *thump. The irregular heart beat continued as I was rushing through a foreign place. It seemed to be cold and ominously dark... A single light lit the dense alley. I kept on stumbling forward, like a prey trying to escape... *thump... The frailty of my legs were starting to slow me down. I couldn't stop or else... *thump. The fear and adrenaline kept me on my feet moving forward... I knocked over anything I could find... to try and slow my... pursuer. A shadowy figure... Why was I being pursued... really I had no clue... *thump... I saw a way up... I reached for it... a ladder of some sort attached to the side of an edifice. I climbed... the cold touch of the metal stunned me for a second. I climbed and climbed and reached the top. It was a roof of an apartment complex... *thump. I caught my breath... only to find the man in black crawling up. I squirmed back... His figure sent a chill down my spine... I saw him approach... I stood up and tripped backwards... falling off the side of the building... I reached up.... and narrowly caught the ledge. The man crept over.... I asked... Who are you? in a scared voice. He unveiled his mask and displayed his face... a familiar face. Was it really him? Why did he chase me? He smiled and pulled something from his coat... *thump... it seemed to be a message of some sort, but it was all battered. I whispered his name, "Phillip, why?" and he simply replied..., "Letter for you..." but I couldn't hear his reply... I knocked out... completely blank after he said "A letter for you"
*thump
I awoke to find myself in a bed... Phillip is there and he seems to be cooking something... I was in my apartment again... I look around... what a weird dream I thought... until I saw a message on the table... and Phillip just smiles... and says, "A letter for you."

No comments:
Post a Comment